Systematically Improving Your Environment
System boilers heat domestic hot water within a heated cylinder where it is stored until required.
System boilers are suited to larger family homes as the hot water supply can be used to run more than one outlet at a time without any loss of flow.
The major drawback to system boilers is that once the supply of hot water in the hot water cylinder is exhausted you must wait for it to be refilled with mains fed cold water.
Advantages of sealed heating systems:
- Instant hot water is available straight from the hot water cylinder
- A cold water header tank is not required in the loft
- More than one tap/ shower/ outlet can be run at the same time with no effect on water pressure or flow
- System boilers are the perfect solution when replacing an open vented heating boiler and system
- These systems can support a backup immersion heater within the hot water cylinder
Disadvantages of sealed heating systems:
- Once the hot water in the storage cylinder is exhausted you must wait for it to reheat
- Space is needed for the storage cylinder
- System boilers need to be plumbed to the hot water cylinder and so are more labour intensive to install
An sealed system boiler may suit you if…
- You have a large family
- You live in a house or flat with more than one bathroom
- You are replacing an open vent boiler
James Hargreaves supplies a wide range of energy efficient condensing system boilers from industry leading manufacturers, in gas, oil and liquid petroleum gas (LPG) burning varieties and also electric system boilers.
Visit our Brands pages to download brochures from all our boiler manufacturers to see the quality products we supply. You can also call or drop into any of our James Hargreaves plumbing depot and speak to our staff for more information.
Providing your perfect heating system.
Copyright © James Hargreaves (Plumbers Merchants) Ltd. 2009 - 2017. All rights reserved. James Hargreaves Plumbing Depot is part of the James Hargreaves group of companies. Registered in England No. 188491 James Hargreaves Burnley, Todmorden Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 3JT Tel +44 (0) 1282 722000 | Fax +44 (0) 1282 830022